STUDENT OF THE MONTH: JAY LONES
This week at James Bowie High School, the student of the month Jay Lones, was awarded with a trophy for his excellent achievement in school.
Being the student of the month is an important honor that many students would be thrilled to have. Especially in the beginning of the year, when students are just getting used to school, it's a little more difficult to keep grades up. So, being the student of the month for the very first month of school is a goal that only certain students can make. Students that work hard and have an ambition to be the most successful they can be.
Sophomore Jay Lones is a student at Bowie High School, he won the high award: Student of the Month.
"I felt very proud of myself,"Lones said.
Lones used to live in Buda, and formerly went to Covington and even Harmony School of Excellence.
Jay did not even think he would get this award.
"It was very surprising to win." Lones said.
The real reason why he wanted to win the Student of the Month was not because of the grades or recognition, but because of the award itself.
"I thought it was shiny and pretty." Lones said.
Normally, teachers nominate the student of the month, or recognize hard working students who could be applicable for the award. Not in Jay's case.
"Teachers don't like me, the reason why I became student of the month was because I made great improvements in my grades." Lones said.
Lones is not in many extra curricular activities.
"I'm on the soccer team and also on the chess team!" Lones said.
Jay really enjoys the many rewards of being the Student of the Month.
"I like telling everyone what to do, even the teachers!" Lones said.
Jay, after being student of the month, has many things to say to others. Especially the other students who dream of being in his place one day:
"I'm smarter than you, and you're stupid." Lones said.
"I felt very proud of myself,"Lones said.
Lones used to live in Buda, and formerly went to Covington and even Harmony School of Excellence.
Jay did not even think he would get this award.
"It was very surprising to win." Lones said.
The real reason why he wanted to win the Student of the Month was not because of the grades or recognition, but because of the award itself.
"I thought it was shiny and pretty." Lones said.
Normally, teachers nominate the student of the month, or recognize hard working students who could be applicable for the award. Not in Jay's case.
"Teachers don't like me, the reason why I became student of the month was because I made great improvements in my grades." Lones said.
Lones is not in many extra curricular activities.
"I'm on the soccer team and also on the chess team!" Lones said.
Jay really enjoys the many rewards of being the Student of the Month.
"I like telling everyone what to do, even the teachers!" Lones said.
Jay, after being student of the month, has many things to say to others. Especially the other students who dream of being in his place one day:
"I'm smarter than you, and you're stupid." Lones said.
No comments:
Post a Comment