Hiring minority firefighters
2. What major retailer recently reported that millions of people's credit card data had been hacked? Business section
Target
3. What internet-based video service reported four million new subscribers in the 4th quarter of 2013, marking the biggest single quarter increase in their history? Business section
Netflix
4. What is the definition of a midwife, according to the story on page B1?
A nurse (specializing in natural childbirth)
5. What former UT football recently filed for bankruptcy? Sports
Vince Young
1. Recently the federal government refused to tackle the subject of genetically modified food labels, forcing individual states to determine whether they are going to pass laws that require food manufactures to label all food that has been modified. There is a story about this on page B8 of today's paper. Please answer the following questions:
A. Do you think that food producers should be required to label all food items that have been modified? WHY?
Yes because I think that the public needs to know information about the food. The people who are going to eat the food want to know about the food.
B. Are you aware of what foods you eat that have been altered? How does that impact your food consumption?
I'm not aware but I still eat everything that I want to. I still eat normal foods except for Ramen because my mother took it away from me.
C. Does your family shop with these so-called GMO's in mind?
My mom is very aware of the food that she buys. We normally by more organic foods from HEB.
D. Do you think that food should be altered in any way to increase its size, taste or otherwise? Why?
It really just depends on the food. If the food is extremely bland then there needs to be something added to it. NOrmally though, food is fine by itself and it really should just stay that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment